Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hot Chocolate Flan


It's my birthday this month and my 3 sons know to be sure there is a chocolate cake for me on my special day.  I thought I would add this recipe for all of my fellow chocaholics!

This is an easy recipe that can be made in advance and guests will be dazzled!
Another International Kitchen School recipe that I learned in Florence from Chef Barbara.  What fun my girlfriends and I had.

Serves 4

7 oz. dark chocolate (60% cocoa is nice)
4 tablespoons or ¼ cup unsalted butter
½ cup powdered or confectionery sugar
4 eggs
Pinch of salt (iodized - for baking)
2 tablespoons flour, sifted

4 ramekins or aluminum cups

Melt chocolate with butter and sugar on very low heat.
Add the eggs one at a time whisking after each.
Add pinch of salt and the sifted flour.
Mix with a whisk.
Grease and flour - or butter spray - 4 individual moulds and pour in the chocolate mixture.
Cover with plastic and put in freezer for minimum of 1 hour - up to 24 hours.
Place on a cookie sheet.
Cook them frozen at 400 for 10 minutes.
Slide knife around edge and flip over onto plate.
Serve them immediately with whipped cream or fruit sauce.

For the fruit sauce:
6 oz. of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or tropical fruit.
4 tablespoons of sugar
Few drops of lemon juice

Heat all ingredients slowly.

For whipped cream:
1 pint or 2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectionery sugar

Blend until thick consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment