Monday, June 17, 2013

Mr. Kate's Pureed Vegetable and Ginger Soup





Check out lifestyle website:  http://www.mrkate.com

My son Gregory knows Mr. Kate, a beautiful hip girl from California.  You gotta check out her website.  She gives me so many fun ideas for creative projects and some great super healthy dishes to try.

Serves 4

3 tablespoons olive oil
½ onion, chopped
½ cabbage, sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 32oz. carton of vegetable broth
4 carrots, sliced*
1 cup green beans, trim off ends, cut in 1” pieces*
1 cup broccoli, cut up*
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, peel and chopped
¼ teaspoon of dried thyme or 8 fresh sprigs leaves only
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Fresh basil for garnish.

*I use whatever veggies I have available – I’ve used yellow squash and zucchini which can make the soup a beautiful yellow color.  I found too many green veggies although very healthy made the color too green.

In a soup pot heat your olive oil.
Add your onions and cabbage and sauté on medium for approximately 6 minutes.  When they have softened add your garlic and sauté for another minute. 
Add your vegetable broth and all of your vegetables including fresh ginger.
Cook on medium until the vegetables are soft for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Add dried or fresh thyme if you have it.  Cook gently for a few more minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Turn off soup and let cool a bit before either putting into food processor or using hand held submerged blender.  (I use my food processor as I think it makes it smoother.
Can sprinkle chopped basil on top of each bowl as garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment