Wednesday, October 5, 2011

D'Italini and Peas


With the kids back to school, try making this simple pasta dish for a quick dinner and have a salad or crudite on the side for them to nibble on.  My father made this dish for me when I was a little girl and I made this dish for my boys when they were little.  As you can see it’s so easy to make.  I hope some day when my boys have children they’ll make it for their kids!

1 box D’Italini pasta
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, sliced very thin
1 can peas, strained
Pinch of red crushed pepper
Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt


Bring water to a boil - add some salt to the water.
Add your d’italini and cook al dente - approx. 10 minutes.

Meanwhile gently heat your olive oil in a sauté pan
Add your onions and sauté - approx. 3 minutes.
Add your strained peas and cook another 3 minutes.
Add red crushed pepper to taste.
Add Parmesan cheese to taste- I use maybe 1 teaspoon.
Add a little salt to taste.

When d’italini are cooked, strain saving some of the water.
Add d’italini to pea mixture and toss well.
If it seems dry add some of the water from the d’italini or more olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment